“The Department of Defense’s (DoD) Natural Resources Program(link is external) funds National Public Lands Day(NPLD) projects on military lands open to the public for recreation. Department of Defense Legacy Awards provide military installations with grant funds of up to $6,500 to implement natural and cultural resources restoration and enhancement projects on DoD lands. Applications for the DoD Legacy Awards are due Wednesday, July 20, 2016 by 11:59pm CT.” (neefusa.org)
- Eligibility (neefusa.org)-
- Applicant must be a Department of Defense installation site that is open to the public for recreation, including lands managed by the US Army, Air Force, Marine Corps, National Guard, or Navy. Lands managed by the US Army Corps of Engineers are not eligible for Legacy Award funds.
- Projects must be carried out and completed by December 1, 2016.
- Project Examples (neefusa.org)-
- tree and native vegetation planting;
- invasive plant removal;
- trash and debris cleanup;
- wildlife habitat improvement and restoration activities;
- pollinator garden development;
- wetland, streamside, or shoreline restoration and erosion control;
- trail building and maintenence;
- restoration of culturally and historically significant areas, buildings, and structures.
- More Information– neefusa.org
all information for this post and grant from neefusa.org